AUBURN HILLS, Mich. : Jul 31, 2009 - Chrysler Group LLC announced today that production of the Chrysler PT Cruiser will continue. The Chrysler Group Toluca (Mexico) Assembly Plant—the exclusive home of Chrysler PT Cruiser—will continue to build the quality-proven, versatility packaged and “too cool to categorize” small car.
“The heritage-styled Chrysler PT Cruiser continues to be a global success story,” said Peter Fong – President and Chief Executive Officer – Chrysler Brand and Lead Executive for the Sales Organization, Chrysler Group LLC. “With more than 1.3 million PT Cruisers sold in more than 60 countries since 2000, we’re excited to announce we’re re-energizing the iconic and award-winning PT Cruiser.”
The Chrysler Group changed the landscape of the automotive market when it introduced the segment-busting Chrysler PT Cruiser nearly 10 years ago. Its one-of-a-kind exterior styling and Swiss Army knife-like interior flexibility, offered at a compact car price, redefined the small-car segment and became an instant hit with consumers.
High-quality, craftsmanship, performance and functionality continue to give the award-winning Chrysler PT Cruiser a leg up on the competition. For years, leading consumer magazines and third-party studies have recommended the PT Cruiser for its consistently high levels of quality and refinement—tying for first place in J.D. Power’s Initial Quality Survey (IQS) this July.
Some of the Awards the vehicle has won are the following:
- 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser, Consumer Reports “Recommended”
- 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser, Consumer Guide, "Best Buy - Compact Cars Category"
- 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser, Consumer Reports, "Recommended"
- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser, Edmunds.com, "Most Significant"
- 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser, AutoPacific, "Top Vehicle customer satisfaction"
- 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser, North American International Auto Show, "North American Car of the Year"
- 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser, African Americans on Wheels and Latinos on Wheels, "Car of the Year"
- 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser, Strategic Vision, "Compact Car Segment"
- 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser, Industrial Design Excellence, "Gold Award"
- 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser, Automobile Magazine, "Best Small Car"
[Since : CHRYSLER]