Renault Fluence was designed with the aim of standing out as the most attractive car of its class and several features set it apart from rivals: beneath its strong, sporting exterior, Fluence features a comfortable cabin and a barrage of useful technological aids.
Fluence targets customers looking for a status-enhancing saloon and will be built on the existing assembly line at the Oyak-Renault plant in Bursa, Turkey, where the booted Mégane II was previously produced.
Passenger comfort is optimized by generous dimensions:
- 4,620mm long, 1,809mm wide, 1,479mm high and a wheelbase of 2,702mm,
- 530dm3 of boot space,
- more passenger space than any main rival, including 1,480mm of elbow room at the front and 1,475mm at the rear.
- Fluence's dashboard features elegant, flowing lines and key functions fall easily to hand these include the controls for the navigation and climate control systems, the steeringwheel-mounted radio and telephone fingertip remote controls and the controls for the cruise control/speed limiter,
- the driver's seat has a huge range of adjustments, 240mm fore or aft and +/-35mm in terms of height; the steering wheel can be adapted for rake and reach, too.
- the 60/40-spilt rear seat is wide and comfortable,
- the cabin features more than 23 litres of stowage space, including an illuminated, refrigerated glovebox (nine litres) and a 2.2-litre centre console cubby,
- a climate control system with front and rear vents is standard, even on entry-level models; automatic dual-zone climate control is available as an option.
- hands-free entry and ignition card with automatic locking of the doors as the card-holder walks away from the vehicle,
- the new, integrated Carminat TomTom® navigation system for less than €500,
- a wide range of audio options including the range-topping 3D Sound by Arkamys® system, Bluetooth® telephony and 'Plug & Music' digital connectivity.
- a chassis that aligns efficiency with comfort and driving pleasure,
- a comprehensive choice of engines, with four petrol and five diesel Renault eco² options.
- a comprehensive range of leading safety features: standard ABS and emergency braking assist, ESC, up to six airbags, three-point seatbelts with pretensioners and load limiters, cruise control with speed limiter, etc.,
- reliability and durability proven by a ferocious testing regime; our quality control systems are designed with certain markets' most demanding road conditions in mind.
- all diesel models in the Fluence range have a CO2 emissions rating of 119g/km and qualify for the Renault eco² signature,
- in 2011, the Renault range will be boosted by the introduction of an all-electric version of Fluence – proof that attractive, comfortable, spacious cars are by no means incompatible with respect for the environment.
Video : 2009 Renault Fluence
Images : 2009 Renault Fluence
[Source : RENAULT]