2014 LEXUS IS 350
Lexus debuts the third-generation 2014 IS sport sedan, with a bold design highlighted by the new dynamic signature spindle grille and for the first time separated LED Daytime Running Lights. A combination of “aggressive elegance,” a more powerful road presence and a stronger brand identity help make the new IS models more alluring than ever.
2014 LEXUS IS 350 F Sport
Thanks in large part to substantially increased overall body rigidity, the 2014 Lexus IS provides a more dynamic driving experience with enhanced stability and body control while delivering improved ride comfort. New, laser-screw welding and adhesive body-bonding techniques, along with additional spot welding, have made the higher rigidity possible. An all-new multilink rear suspension, revised front suspension and steering derived from the well-received GS sedan are adopted in the smaller IS package. Two IS models are available for 2014. The IS 250 is powered by a smooth 2.5- liter V6 providing 204 hp @ 6,400rpm and 185 lb.-ft. torque @ 4,800rpm. The engine is matched to a six-speed Electronically Controlled Transmission (ECT) that features a sequential manual-shifting mode with rev matched downshifts in SPORT mode.
The even more exciting IS 350 gets a 3.5-liter V6 with D4-S direct and port fuel injection. The 3.5 engine produces 306 hp @ 6,400rpm, 277 lb.-ft. torque @ 4,800rpm. The IS 350 inherits the eight-speed, Sport Direct Shift (SPDS) automatic transmission from the IS F high-performance model. This transmission features paddle shifters and the G-force Artificial Intelligence (G-AI) system, which automatically selects the optimum gear and downshift pattern in response to G force. Available for both IS models, an electronically controlled all-weather drive system is designed to help enhance traction and grip under all driving conditions by automatically varying front-to-rear torque balance from 50:50 to as much as 30:70.
A new Drive Mode Select system features up to five driving modes. The IS 250 and IS 350 feature ECO, NORMAL, and SPORT modes. The IS 350 F SPORT features four drive modes: ECO, NORMAL, SPORT S, and SPORT S+. These drive modes are tailored to meet the driver’s preferred combination of economy, comfort, performance and handling characteristics. In addition, AWD models also feature a SNOW mode.
The available F SPORT package includes unique 18-inch wheels and special suspension tuning, unique interior and exterior design. It is available for IS 250 and IS 350 RWD and AWD models. The Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) featured on IS 350 F SPORT allows the driver to fine tune the IS FSPORT’s ride characteristics with a choice of two settings; Normal, for everyday driving comfort, and SPORT S or SPORT S+ mode, for optimized body control and agility. Exclusive for all IS 350 models and IS 250 F SPORT, is an intake sound generator that creates a more sporting engine note.
The Lexus LFA supercar provided design inspiration for the driver-focused Lexus IS cockpit. F SPORT models inherit the innovative TFT instrumentation with moving center ring from the LFA.
The driver can appreciate improved seating position and headroom, while the rear seat offers significantly improved roominess, ingress , and egress. Separating the shocks from the springs results in a larger trunk, as well.
New luxuries abound in the 2014 Lexus IS. A high-efficiency dual-zone climate control system uses new, touch-sensitive electrostatic temperature switches. The IS offers two multimedia systems. A standard high-resolution Lexus Display Audio (LDA) with controller or the optional Lexus navigation system.
The navigation system is operated via a second-generation Lexus Remote Touch Interface (RTI) multi-function control device, which also allows control of the climate, audio, phone controls and more.
The available Mark Levinson® Premium Surround System employs new loudspeaker technology with 15 speakers and 835 watts, for even more life-like sound reproduction.
Ten Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) airbags are standard. The IS models employ the innovative Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) system, which integrates Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Traction Control (TRAC) and Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) active safety systems with the Electronic Power Steering (EPS) or, where fitted (for IS 350 F SPORT), Variable Gear Ratio Steering (VGRS).
The new IS may also be equipped with the available pre-emptive Pre-Collision System (PCS), which incorporates Adaptive Cruise Control. The model range adds several advanced new active safety features, including an Automatic High Beam (AHB) headlamp system, a Lane Departure Alert (LDA) system, a Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) system and a standard Auto Location Tire Pressure Warning System (AL-TPWS).
- New construction techniques include laser screw welding and adhesive body bonding that help provide a substantial increase in overall body rigidity.
- New rear sub frame and cowl side braces help to further enhance handling control and steering response.
- Revised front suspension with a 20 percent increase in sway rigidity and a new multilink rear suspension to help provide increased grip and control.
- New Electric Power Steering System for a smoother more accurate feel with greater feedback.
- One 17-inch wheel design and three 18-inch wheel designs.
- High- and ultra-high-tensile steel body structure help provide excellent optimal occupant protection.
- Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Adaptive Cruise Control; PCS enables deceleration when the driver applies the brakes automatically activating Brake Assist which can increase the braking force under certain conditions if the system can help decelerate the vehicle.
- Ten SRS airbags; two-stage dual SRS front airbags, driver and front passenger SRS knee airbags, front and rear (new) SRS side airbags, as well as full length SRS side curtain airbags.
- New interior design with LFA-inspired, driver-focused cockpit and enhanced rear seat roominess and luggage capacity.
- New quilted driver’s seat offers greater comfort and better lateral support.
- Dual-zone automatic climate control with new, touch-sensitive electrostatic switches.
- Lexus Display Audio (LDA) with display audio controller.
- Available Lexus navigation system with Remote Touch Interface (RTI) and Enform App Suite.
- 4.2-inch full color multi-information display including audio, trip, navigation, phone, ambient temperature.
- Mark Levinson® Premium Surround System with new, Unity, Wide Dispersion and Inverted Motor Structure loudspeaker technology with 15 speakers and 835-watts
- The wheelbase of the 2013 IS has been increased by nearly three inches. Width has been increased by nearly half an inch, for an aggressive stance.
- The 2014 IS introduces a further evolution of the spindle grille from the GS and LS models, featuring a more three-dimensional design with a chrome-plated frame and darker gray insert from top to bottom.
- Standard HID low/high beam headlamps with LED DRLs and available twin projector LED low/ high beam headlamps.
- Eight exterior colors: Starfire Pearl, Ultra White Metallic (new and exclusive to F SPORT), Nebula Gray Pearl, Silver Lining Metallic (new), Atomic Silver (new), Obsidian, Matador Red Mica, and Deep Sea Mica.
- Driver-oriented cockpit design inspired by Lexus LFA supercar.
- Dashboard is divided into two distinct zones, a display zone and an operation zone, offering drivers more comfortable, ergonomically ideal interaction with the vehicle’s control systems.
- Combination of longer wheelbase and a special front seat design increases rear seat legroom by 1.6 inches
- Standard 60:40 split-folding rear seats.
- Five interior colors: Black, Light Gray, Parchment, Flaxen and Rioja Red (exclusive to FSPORT)
- Soft touch finishes throughout, including padding on the center console sides.
- Silver metallic trim analog clock with surface-emitting illumination.
Images : 2014 LEXUS IS 350
Images : 2014 LEXUS IS 350 F SPORT
Images : 2014 LEXUS IS 250 F SPORT
[Source : LEXUS]