Subaru WRX STI tS TYPE RA
Subaru Tecnica International Inc. (STI) has announced the release of the Subaru "WRX STI tS TYPE RA" which goes on sale on July through Subaru dealerships in Japan.
With a focus on suspension tuning, the exclusively-made items for this special performance edition have also been adopted for its exterior and interior designs based on the 4-door WRX STI spec C. To further enhance the "strength and nimbleness" driving committed by STI, its advanced driving performance such as sharper handling response has been pursued.
A quick steering gearbox (steering gear ratio 11:1), "Brembo" front monoblock opposed 6-pot brake calipers and grooved disc rotors have been employed to achieve driving performance as the "TYPE RA" model focusing on a record-breaking lap time in motorsports. By the tuning of chassis and body performance combined with STI's unique flexible parts, basic vehicle attributes such as "running", "turning" and "stopping" have been balanced at a high level, providing a driver with sheer handling pleasure.
The "Tangerine Orange Pearl" exterior color available for a limited time has been adopted along with the exclusively-made exterior parts such as a "tS" ornament. The body color makes a contrast with the black colored door mirror cover, side garnish and aluminum wheel. Together they create a sharp image appropriate for a high performance model.
Subaru WRX tS TYPE RA NBR CHALLENGE PACKAGE
In addition, "NBR CHALLENGE PACKAGE" model which evokes the Nürburgring 24-Hour Race is released. It features special equipments such as a STI designed dry carbon rear spoiler, "BBS" designed 18-inch forged aluminum wheels and "Recaro" designed front bucket seat with Alcantara®.
Major equipment of Subaru WRX STI tS TYPE RA
- STI tuned upside down strut and STI coil springs for front suspension
- STI tuned damper and STI coil springs for rear suspension
- STI designed lateral link with pillow ball bush (front inside, rear inside)
- Brembo front monoblock opposed 6-pot brake caliper (gold with STI logo)
- Brembo front 18-inch 2 piece type grooved disc rotor
- Brembo rear opposed 2-pot brake caliper (gold with STI logo)
- Brembo rear 17-inch grooved disc rotor
- Exclusively-tuned Potenza RE070 245/40R18 tires
- STI designed 18-inch x 8 1/2J aluminum wheels (black)
- STI designed flexible tower bar, front
- STI designed flexible draw stiffener, front & rear
- STI designed support, front kit
- STI designed flexible support, rear
- Exclusively-made quick steering gearbox (steering gear ratio 11:1)
- STI designed front under spoiler
- Exclusively-made "tS" ornament (front & rear), "TYPE RA" ornament (rear) and "STI" ornament (rear)
- STI designed side garnish with STI logo (black)
- Black colored electric folding door mirror with LED side turn signal lamp
- Exclusively-made leather lapped steering wheel with red stitch
- STI designed leather shift knob with "STI" logo
- Front bucket seat with STI logo and red stitch
- Exclusively-made side sill plate with "tS" logo (front)
- STI designed leather key ring (red)
- STI designed dry carbon rear spoiler (2 angle adjustable)
- BBS designed 18-inch x 8 1/2J forged aluminum wheels (black)
- Exclusively-made Nürburgring Challenge sticker (side)
- Recaro designed front bucket seat with STI logo and red stitch (Alcantara® / Leather, Manufacturer's option)
- Maximum 300 units (must be pre-ordered by December 23, 2013)
- [Including maximum 200 units of NBR CHALLENGE PACKAGE]
[Source : SUBARU]