CITROËN C-XR Concept
Driven by the vitality and strong growth of the Chinese market, CITROËN is unveiling the CITROËN C-XR Concept at the Beijing Motor Show. The new concept car is a contemporary take on the SUV, informed by CITROËN’s key values of strong design, outstanding comfort drawing on all the brand’s expertise, and technological choices focused on efficiency.
The CITROËN C-XR Concept previews the first SUV developed by the joint venture between CITROËN and the DONGFENG Motor Group, set to win new customers in a fast-growing segment in China, with sales of nearly three million units in 2013, up 50% on 2012.
Strong and elegant design
The CITROËN C-XR Concept features instantly recognisable compact styling, with an assertive SUV look combining elegance and robustness. The elegant air is created through harmonious proportions and meticulous style lines, while the concept car’s robust character is underscored by its width and by functional and aesthetic attributes that forge its SUV identity.
The design of the CITROËN C-XR Concept stands out with:
- A wide chrome-finished grille linking the chevrons to the headlamps to emphasise its temperament,
- LED daytime running lights enhancing the front light signature for even stronger presence,
- Front optics featuring a double module and indicators to underscore the car’s high-tech approach,
- A C-shaped side signature providing a visual link between the roof bars and chrome-finished waistline, highlighting the roominess inside,
- 3D-effect rear lights combined with a chrome-finished dual tailpipe lending extra vitality to the generous rear forms.
The concept car’s protective and robust SUV nature is underscored by specific design attributes:
- Raised ground clearance and large, 17-inch wheels shod with All Seasons tyres to take on whatever the road has to offer with optimum comfort and safety,
- Front and rear fairing and wheel arch embellishers blending style and body protection,
- Red side décor and wing-mirror housings underlining the car’s dynamic qualities and outdoor spirit.
The CITROËN C-XR Concept also possesses elegant body styling characterised by:
- An ideal length-to-height ratio (1.79 m x 1.56 m) for perfectly balanced proportions,
- Body length limited to 4.26 m for more agile manoeuvring,
- The longest wheelbase in the category, at 2.65 m providing exceptional roominess, particularly in the back seats.
Comfort in all circumstances: citroën know-how
With its technological and sensory approach to comfort, the CITROËN C-XR Concept demonstrates all of CITROËN’s expertise in bringing drivers and passengers an incomparable feeling of safety and
CITROËN C-XR Concept drivers enjoy impressive visual comfort thanks to a natural, saloon-style driving position and raised ground clearance providing a commanding view of the road for complete
peace of mind at the wheel.
Road comfort is ensured by the suspension settings that draw on all of CITROËN’s know-how to bring drivers a feeling of total control at the wheel while effortlessly absorbing all road imperfections.
All the occupants enjoy travelling comfort and well-being thanks to the car’s large wheelbase – the longest in the segment – providing outstanding spaciousness in the front and rear seats alike.
The CITROËN C-XR Concept is also strong on sensory comfort, with its large glass panoramic roof that floods the cabin with soft, filtered light.
Technological choices for extra efficiency
The CITROËN C-XR Concept is equipped with the highest-performance technologies to enhance traction while reducing the car’s environmental footprint.
The concept car is fit with Grip Control technology, which, combined with the All Seasons tyres, manages the grip of the wheels in line with the nature of the road surface. The result is optimal traction on all types of ground without resorting to a four-wheel-drive system that would increase fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
The CITROËN C-XR Concept features cutting-edge technologies and special design approaches to reduce fuel consumption and CO2 emissions:
The powertrain combines a THP 160 petrol engine equipped with the Stop&Start system and a latest-generation automatic gearbox, boosting driving pleasure and comfort while reducing fuel consumption,
The weight reduction that was a key focus in the design of the concept car, reflected in top-quality road manners for an SUV and a drastic cut in fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
Images : CITROËN C-XR Concept
[Source : CITROËN]